Selected as one of the top 10 seasonal beaches of the world by Discovery Channel, Varkala beach is one of the top beaches in Kerala. If you decided to unwind on this beautiful beach for some days you have several options to choose from.
One of the bests for a budget traveler is Akhil Beach Resorts. Its a highly recommended place in Varkala by rating agencies like TripAdvisor, Lonely Planet and the author himself has stayed here several times.
This 2 star rated resort, established in 1997,Caters to all your needs.Be it yoga,sun-bath, meditation,Ayurveda Spa or just relaxation
1. Restaurant – is really top class
They offer a variety of food and beverages on their menu.
You won’t find a better place to eat out in Varkala
2. Activities they provide free
Two Foosball tables, Billiards, A pool to cool yourself
3. A well maintained garden and surroundings
4. Very co-operative staff who are always ready at your service
5. Resort is very near to the famous varkala Cliff
6. They have a small library also near the wash area of the restaurant.
7. Good wifi connection at all the areas of the resort – internet connection is available at Pool, rooms, restaurant, parking… everywhere! .
[box type=”info”] Need to Improve:
1. House flies at the restaurants should be better controlled
2. A tourist information area should be included to help the travelers
3. A Desktop with Internet that can be accessed by the customers is a good idea
[box type=”warning”]The things we do not like:
1. Room’s AC was not good
2. Walkway to the beach from the back side of the resort is not safe for small kids