|Small Business Information|
11 Things Small Business Owners Can Learn From The Supreme Court
1. Have A Strong Constitution ? Justices deliver decisions by interpreting the U.S. Constitution. Never let the challenges of running your small business overwhelm your judgment.
2. Trust Your Beliefs ? Members of the Court maintain supreme confidence in their opinions. Know your core values, and let them serve each day as your guiding light.
3. Treat Everyone With Respect ? Justices take an oath to "do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and? faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties..." Hold yourself to the highest standards in dealings with customers/clients, employees and suppliers.
4. Address One Thing ? The Court receives 7,000 appeals each year, accepts about 100, then disposes them one at a time. Focus on your most important issue before moving on to the next.
5. Listen First ? In your small business, as in court, be sure to listen before deciding, especially when dealing with employees and speaking with prospective customers/clients.
6. Be Decisive ? Stick with your decision, unless things change and overturning it is necessary.
7. Majority Rules ? Five concurring votes determine a Supreme Court ruling. Don't wait to make a decision until you're 100 percent certain; when your instinct reaches a majority, move forward.
8. Dissent Is Healthy ? Justices who disagree with the majority may write dissenting opinions. Encouraging your team to voice their opinions ? regardless of whether they agree with you ? will lead you to better decisions.
9. Seek The Best ? We view Supreme Court justices as our nation's top legal minds. Always hire the brightest employees, regardless of the position?and be patient finding them.
10. Skip The Critics ? Justices adhere to their interpretations regardless of political pressure, public opinion or media hype. Keep negative people away from your decision-making process.
11. Dress Appropriately ? Justices' robes represent the honor of their position. Whatever the attire and décor for your small business, uphold the standards for everyone on your team.
Copyright © 2005 by Success Handler, LLC. All rights reserved.
The Coach, David Handler, is the founder of Success Handler, (http://www.successhandler.com), and specializes in helping small business leaders find clarity and take action. He understands the challenges of running a business, because he's been there ? as a small business owner, franchisee, franchisor, corporate leader and trainer. Much like sports coaches, his coaching will show you how to compete on a level playing field in your industry.
Starting a New Business in a Small Town
Q. I am a former pastor who left the ministry after sixteen years to spend more time with my family. We moved to a very small town (less than ten thousand people) and I want to start an internet café business and also offer PC repair. How can I investigate and then promote this business?
So What? How to Elicit Benefits from Features
"So what?" is a lovely question.
Are You a Small Business Casualty?
When a person knows and knows not that he knows. Teach him.
Employee Induction - Are you Inducting your People - A Practical How To
In today's fast paced marketplace it is easy to neglect the small important things!
How to Start a Carpet Cleaning Company
Opening a carpet cleaning business is a great way to earn money as your own boss. This is a relatively simple business to start, with low overhead, and little experience required. Start up costs can be minimal, if you shop around. Additionally, there is a steady market for quality work.
Fleet Washing Operations Manual Sample Outline
In the Truck Washing Business every single type of vehicle is washed differently. If you are going to run a mobile onsite fleet washing business with multiple trucks in multiple cities you will in fact need a comprehensive manual to keep your crews and equipment running at an optimum. Below you will see a sample outline to assist you in constructing a washing procedure manual, which will include many different types of fleet vehicles.
How to Start Home Based Travel Businesses
Home based travel businesses are no longer the wave of the future. Home travel businesses are the hot trend right now. So if you're considering becoming a travel agent, this brief guide will provide you with information you need to know.
Debit and ATM Card Advice for Small Businesses
Your business account comes with an ATM, Debit card. Pick a really secret pin number. Don't give it to anyone even in an emergency. Make sure you record withdrawals. If you have a bookkeeper paying your bills for you, be careful because they won't know that you took out money. They will be upset and so will you and your vendors if they mistakenly write a bad check to pay a bill because you forgot to tell them of your numerous unrecorded withdrawals from the ATM machine.
Eight Key Steps to Selling Your Business and Cashing In
This year, some 700,000 American businesses will be sold. Most will be small and mid-sized businesses like yours. If you, too, are thinking of selling, consider these practical steps for making the process go smoothly.
11 Things Small Business Owners Can Learn From Punxsutawney Phil
1. Look Over Your Shoulder ? Of course, Punxsutawney Phil has to look over his to search for his shadow. You should, too, every so often, to check out your competition?and see whether they're gaining on (or leading) you.
Look Out for that Great Accountant
There are many factors to be considered when you are trying to select the accountant who is right for you. In other words how to find that good one. Better still, how to find that "great one".
Business Scents - Do They Work?
You see it often in large shopping complexes. Customers seem to be flocking to a certain stall in large droves. There is a special attraction that cannot be explained.
Who Makes the BEST Business Partner
How do you find the best business partners?
Solving the Late Paying Customer Blues
Nothing can drive a business down faster than customers who don't pay their bills as agreed. When you sell to customers on credit you are making an agreement with them. You will provide them with goods or services in exchange for their payment within the terms you agree upon. Period.
Setting Up as an Electronic Repair Authorized Service Center
If you plan to upgrade your workshop into an Authorized Service Center, this should guarantee plenty of work and a secure future. Setting up from scratch as an Authorized Service Center is not an easy job. Your workshop need to meet the manufacturers' requirement first before they can appoint your company as an Authorized Service Center.
Why Do Franchisors have Exclusive Territories
The reason we Franchisors call it an exclusive territory is because we will not sell that area again to another franchisee. That is your area to market and to conquer and to generally obtain as much market penetration as possible. If you are a home-based business or mobile franchise then this is a serious issue. You can put as many service units in your area can support and try to make the most reasonable profit you can per each service unit you put into your exclusive territory. Most franchisors charge a percentage of the gross income and probably make a little off every service unit you buy, so they want you to expand.
You Dont Yet Know What You Dont Know
Someone new to business ownership recently told me, "Before I opened my business, I thought I was pretty well prepared. I knew how to produce and deliver our product. I worked through the numbers with my accountant and banker. I talked to many others in the same business. I was optimistic that my first year would go well."
Frodos Journey: What It Can Teach You About Marketing Your Small Business
Just recently, I took a break and caught "The Return of the King" at the movie theater. At the same time, I was pondering a topic for this article. As often happens, the themes and timing converged. Here are 10 things you can learn about marketing your small business from the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Entrepreneur to Employer
You make the decision to go into business and for some time work from home or in leased premises and your business starts to grow.
Do You Make These 7 Deadly Cash Flow Mistakes?
Managing cash flow is every small business owner's most important function. Avoid these seven deadly mistakes to make sure you aren't creating cash flow problems in your business.
|home | site map|