|Top Quick Tips|
Top Ten Listening Skills for Speakers
Good Speakers need good listening skills to become Great Communicators
Speakers spend a lot of time developing speaking skills and often don't focus enough on the equally important communication skill of listening. As a Speaker trained in the art of listening I have put together the tips below.
1. What Speakers want most of all is to be heard, so does everyone else! Hence listening is the perfect gift to give to others
2. Never make assumptions about what people are thinking and feeling. Take time to listen and ask questions. Most people will be only too happy to answer. Why guess what people are thinking when they will tell you!
3. Remember silence can be as powerful as Speaking, when used skilfully
4. In conversation, repeat in your own words your understanding of what is being said. This communicates to the listener that they are really being heard.
5. Make eye contact that is not too fleeting, actually try to see the eye colour of the person/s you are communicating with.
6. When people speak, let them finish their own sentences, no matter how intuitive you are, you never really know what people are going to say.
7. Resist the urge to interrupt, and avoid planning your reply while the person is speaking; instead focus on fully hearing what is being said. This is the real skill of listening
8. Listening is a whole body experience; listen under, over and between the words spoken. Feel what your audience is saying.
9. Check your ego. When you try too hard and 'Ease Genuine Out'? EGO, what remains can appear false. Listen to yourself and be yourself, people will love you for it.
10. People will be more prepared to listen to you, if you take time to really hear them.
Written by, Shola Arewa, Coach, Speaker, Author.
Caroline Shola Arewa
Creating EASE is an energy-based approach to work-life balance. We work with individuals and organisations on achieving more Success and less stress in our 'I need it yesterday' world. Shola is a Health and Success Coach, Motivational Speaker and Author.
Visit our website http://www.creatingease.com and sign up for your free 7-day e-course on Creating EASE and excellence in your work and personal life. Working with you to achieve Success without Stress.
How to Apply the 12 Steps for Managment Conflict and Resolution
1. Admit there is a problem.
Event Planning: Seven Best Practices Successful Planners Use
Do you plan events for the corporate world like product launches, conferences, seminars, etc? If so, check out these seven practices of successful event planners.
Ten Ways to Strengthen Your Reading Habit
Most people wish they read more. It is an activity that is both fun and enlightening. It can help us be more knowledgeable and successful. However, it is an activity that many people don't engage in very much. According to the 1999 National Household Education Survey, 50% of the U.S. population aged 25 and over read a newspaper at least once a week, read one or more magazines regularly, and had read a book in the past 6 months. What does this mean? It means that 50% of the population hasn't read a book in the last six months!
Top 7 Business Tips For Small Business Starters For Online Business
1.) Brainstorming for an idea - You must select what interests you in any field and put together 5 to 7 possible ideas that seem viable as a source of income.
How To Use Bartering To Gain An Advantage Over Your Competition
If you have a business on the Internet you should be bartering goods and services with other businesses. You should always try to trade for something before you buy it. Barter deals usually require no money. Although sometimes you may need money to offset the value of the goods or services being traded.
7 Keys to Running a Successful Business
Although dentistry may appear to be different than other types of businesses, in reality it is a business. And although this article is written from a dentist's perspective on developing a successful practice, the principles can be used in virtually any business.
5 Tips to Manage and Organize E-Mail
How do you focus on your urgent e-mail and organize the rest for your review? Think about how you handle your paper mail. You probably sort your paper mail quickly before you read it to figure out what to look at first, what to read later, and what to throw away. Here are some similar ways to automatically process and prioritize your electronic mail for better and faster results:
Top 10 Steps to Build Your Professional Practice Now!
1. Examine everything in your office from the view of a new client! If necessary, spruce it up. Does it need new plants, better music or an aquarium? Make it as warm, comfortable and inviting as possible.
Want a Web Site that Turns Lookie Loos into Buyers? Seven Passion Copywriting Tips
Web Site Blues? Need one, don't know where to start? Got one, but aren't getting enough sales?
Performance-Stress-Motivation: 7 Sanity Saving Business Boundaries
The lack of strong boundaries is one of the chief causes of stress, overwork and overwhelm in the business environment.
Top Seven Questions for Starting Projects More Effectively
We all are project managers. Some of us manage projects like vacations or reunions, while others run implementations of new software systems, consolidation divisions of companies, launch new products, or build buildings. While the scale changes for different kinds of projects, and complexity changes as more people are affected and involved; at the core there are questions you can answer to help get any project off to a better start.
Ten Steps To Better Listening
Talking is the least important half of any conversation. Listening is the real skill. Listening for what is being said, what is being omitted and what's being given a "spin."
The Top Ten Reasons to Hire a Coach
1. You have a big goal and you want someone to support you. A coach has no other agenda except to help you succeed. He/she can help you to brainstorm ideas, act as a sounding board, help you overcome your fears, and hold you accountable for moving forward on your plans.
10-Point Checklist for High Visibility in Google
Google is the pre-eminent search engine (SE) with no close competitor. Given that inclusion is free, your Web pages must be in it. We'll show you how to top the Google SERPs, that is, be found at the top of the search engine results pages. These techniques are known as search engine optimization (SEO) and require a small investment of your time.
7 Secrets to Writing Inventory Procedures
What would You do with $1,000,000
10 Reasons to Use Online Banking
With today's technology and people's need for more information it is no wonder that online banking is growing as one of the most popular uses of the internet. Here we have listed the 10 biggest benefits to start using online banking.
Top 7 Reasons You Should Back Up Your Data Online!
How much is your data worth to you? In this modern electronic-age we rely more than ever on our computers to supply us with the information we need. Chances are every piece of data you might ever rely on to make an important decision has been reduced to a digital format and resides somewhere on your computer's hard drive. Improved functionality and productivity are the benefits, however, on the flipside, one wrong click, one nasty virus, one untimely power surge or unhappy employee and that data is gone forever!
7 Strategies for Handling Last Minute Meetings
Have you ever found yourself having to scramble to organize a meeting at the last minute? Wouldn't it be nice that if and when this daunting situation arose, you were well prepared with all necessary information ready at your fingertips? That's why I've developed the following seven survival strategies to help you plan for the inevitable, because you know as well as I, it's going to happen 'someaday.'
Learn to Improve Sales - 10 Ways to Get More Business Starting Today
You need sales and you wanted them yesterday. Here are ten ideas to start those sales pouring in. Learn them then use them.
How To Make Money With Your Junk Mail
The term "junk mail" is a well-known term. To the common guy or gal on the street, "junk mail" to them is advertising flyers from the local grocery store and pizza shop that arrive in their mail every day. To the mail order dealer, it means something totally opposite because a mail order dealer in St Paul MN is not going to get a pizza ad for a shop in Jackson MS.
|home | site map|