|Top Quick Tips|
Top 10 Steps to Build Your Professional Practice Now!
1. Examine everything in your office from the view of a new client! If necessary, spruce it up. Does it need new plants, better music or an aquarium? Make it as warm, comfortable and inviting as possible.
2. Replace old magazines in your waiting area with articles and handouts your clients will use and take with them. Make it easy for clients to say good things about you!
3. Contact 3 former clients to see how they are doing.
4. Contact 3 recent referral sources and thank them! Send flowers, a card, take them to lunch. Even a phone call expressing your appreciation can do wonders.
5. Consider re-doing your business card. Does it "talk" to clients and referral sources?
6. Buy a year-at-a-glance wall calendar and begin planning your marketing and business strategies for next year.
7. Make sure every client leaves every session with a firm handshake, a warm smile and a sincere "Thank you!"
8. Spend 10 minutes every day thinking about your ideal client/patient and clarifying exactly what you do that adds value for them. How do you help them? Is there more you could do? What else do they need/want from you as a professional?
9. Re-define and clarify your statement of what you do. Then practice saying it! This week tell 5 friends, neighbors, or strangers that you want more clients.
10. Take wonderful care of yourself. A healthy, balanced life is extremely attractive. Be sure your clients can look to you as an example of what you mean by health! Approach every session with energy and complete concentration.
© Copyright 2003 by Philip E. Humbert. All Rights Reserved. This article may be copied and used in your own newsletter or on your website as long as you include the following information: "Written by Dr. Philip E. Humbert, writer, speaker and success coach. Dr. Humbert has over 300 free articles, tools and resources for your success, including a great newsletter! It's all on his website at: http://www.philiphumbert.com
Increase Business Profits - Ten Ways
How do you increase business profits? Answer the following questions carefully, and you'll have a good start.
11 Things Small Business Owners Can Learn From Star Wars
1. Great Things Take Time ? Three years passed between the release of each movie in the two trilogies, and a lot of work went in to them. Be patient?and keep working hard every day.
7 Things You Can Do To Weather The Lows Of A Business Cycle
Hey, as hard as this may be for you to swallow, business online is no different than a business on Main Street in your home town or city. We have good times and we have slow times.
Top 10 Items For A 21st Century Toolbox!
Skilled workers of every age have prized their tools. I recently visited a Museum of Natural History and was amazed at the craftsmanship and precision of the sextants and chronometers that allowed explorers to map our world in the 18th and 19th centuries. Such tools must have cost many years' wages for the average person! I was reminded of how my Grandfather prized and cared for the tools he used on his farm. I vividly remember his showing me how to work a haybaler or oil the harness for his team of horses, tools from an age that is long-gone. But it brings up the question: What are the tools for our age, and what are the skills we will need to keep them "sharp" and useful? I suggest the following tools for your 21st Century Toolbox:
The Top 10 Reasons Your Staff Wants to Quit
From an employee's perspective, management often conducts itself in ways that make no sense. When the economy is slow, jobs are few and far in between or people are fearful, staff will tolerate management behaviors and policies that are nonsensical (in their eyes) or they judge are harmful.
Seven Keys to Get Out of a Rut
They say a rut is a shallow grave with two open ends. The good news (good news?!) is that the ends ARE still open, which means if you act fast, you just might out of it. How do we get into these ruts anyway? Who would voluntarily lie down in that grave, shallow or otherwise?
Private Practice Success: 10 Essentials for Starting a Practice
As a counselor, therapist or healing professional (massage therapist, physiotherapist, alternative health practitioner, etc.) it is quite likely that you did not chose your profession because you wanted to be a business person. As a result, it can be challenging to go into business for yourself and be successful. Taking time to prepare and plan as you build your private practice will help you avoid costly and time-consuming mistakes. Below are ten areas to address to help ensure your success.
Start Your Own Website in 10 Easy Steps
If you're a beginner, starting a website doesn't have to be difficult. If you begin with a good idea and take it step-by-step, you'll reap the rewards of a popular website.
How to Counsel Your Non-Performing Team Members - 10 Tips
Counselling non-performing team members is a tough part of any managers role. This article is full of tips to help you perform this difficult role.
10 Ways to Develop A Free Agent Attitude
Whether you are self employed or you work for someone else, it is useful to have a free agent attitude. The past few years have shown us that working for someone else is temporary at best. No one has a job for life. Free agents recognize that they are responsible for their own career. They don't wait for others to help them plan their career. They manage it themselves
Top 10 Tips on How To Write About Yourself
Many people find it really hard to write for business and marketing purposes about themselves and/or their product or service ? much harder than it is to write about someone or something else. If that sounds familiar, read on; in this article professional business writer Suzan St Maur shares her top tips on how to write about yourself and what you do, efficiently and effectively.
Performance-Stress-Motivation: 7 Sanity Saving Business Boundaries
The lack of strong boundaries is one of the chief causes of stress, overwork and overwhelm in the business environment.
5 Things You Must Do Well When Buying a Business to Not Get Burned
Are you not sure what Business to buy? Need to know what is a fair deal?
Get Your Mailing Noticed - Seven Tips for Effective Direct Mail Pieces
When sending mail to clients and potential clients, make your mailing stand out from the stacks of "junk mail" they receive. Here are a few easy ways to get their attention.
Ten Tips For Staying Connected While Working Alone
Ten Tips for Staying Connected
Top Seven Reasons to Publicize your Business with Articles
Do you want to be #1-10 on Google and other search engines? Do you want quadruple your Web sales in five months? Promote your business to the top with these 7 reasons to write and submit how-to articles.
The Top 10 Reasons Businesses Succeed
Only one of every 5 businesses makes it to its 5th year, and fewer still make it to 10 years. What do the successful businesses have in common?
Home Furnishings in India : How to Find an Exporter,manufacturer or Supplier ? Beyond a Database.
Looking for a manufacturer or supplier of home furnishings in India ?
Ten Ways to Strengthen Your Reading Habit
Most people wish they read more. It is an activity that is both fun and enlightening. It can help us be more knowledgeable and successful. However, it is an activity that many people don't engage in very much. According to the 1999 National Household Education Survey, 50% of the U.S. population aged 25 and over read a newspaper at least once a week, read one or more magazines regularly, and had read a book in the past 6 months. What does this mean? It means that 50% of the population hasn't read a book in the last six months!
Top Seven Questions for Starting Projects More Effectively
We all are project managers. Some of us manage projects like vacations or reunions, while others run implementations of new software systems, consolidation divisions of companies, launch new products, or build buildings. While the scale changes for different kinds of projects, and complexity changes as more people are affected and involved; at the core there are questions you can answer to help get any project off to a better start.
|home | site map|